Mount Sir Donald With Ms. J Ormsbee

Jen Ormsbee and I had originally planned to attempt a big mixed alpine route just north of the Icefields Centre. Humble Horse on Mount Diadem would have been a great bet if it wasn't for the crazy hot temperatures we've had the last week or so, but avalanche and rockfall hazard would have been too much of a hazard to be reasonable and we needed an alternate venue. 


Continue Reading

Mount Athabasca For The 1st Time

Over the Canada Day Long weekend we guided a 3 Day Intro to Mountaineering Program at the Columbia Icefields for a great crew all originally from the Drayton Valley area. Mike, Kara, Steve and Breann were 1st timers to the world of summer mountaineering and were kind enough to hire us for a few days to show them the ropes.

Continue Reading

Canmore Flooding - Town in State of Emergency

Hello Mountain Friends,


Due to recent flooding in Cougar Creek and the imposed travel restrictions, and limited access to both mobile or internet communication we want to let our Guest know that response times to their calls and emails may be longer than normal. Our programs this weekend will likely be postponed or cancelled, and we'll be getting in touch with guests for programs coming up this week to discuss options.


Continue Reading


Subscribe to Blog